Getting Married In Charlottesville
REMEMBER: A Party Without Dessert
is Just a Meeting!
So schedule your “to go” custom wedding cake tasting today! Pick up an exclusive tasting box of your favorite cakes and fillings. Be sure to check out our wedding cake tasting menu options! We are confident that through this process we can help you determine the perfect wedding cake for your occasion. After tasting, we’ll discuss your options, and explain all of the details to you. Every wedding cake we make is customized to meet each couple’s needs.
We use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, and limit the number of weddings we book per weekend to ensure the highest possible quality for all our wedding cakes. So, we recommend reaching out to us a few months before your wedding day.
Call or submit an online inquiry today and let us help make your wedding cake as memorable as your special day!
Do you offer charlottesville and lexington wedding cake tastings?
- Yes. Our standard “to go” cake tastings include 3 cake options and 3 filling options. Additional options can be added for an extra fee.
How far in advance should I book my wedding cake for a lexington or charlottesville wedding?
- Especially in the popular summer months, our availability can fill up rather quickly. We strongly recommend booking your wedding date with us at least 6 months in advance.
I’d love Bittersweet Bakery to make my wedding cake. Do I pay the total bill now?
- We do require a 50% non-refundable deposit to book our services for your wedding. The remaining balance will be due 2 weeks before your wedding day. Payments can also be made after the initial 50% deposit is paid.
Can I choose more than one flavor option in my cake?
- Up to 2 flavors options will be included in the price of your cake. Additional flavors can be added for an extra fee.
Can you match our wedding colors?
- We can try! We try to match wedding colors as best we can. Providing a fabric swatch is ideal.
- Colors may darken or change over time. Shades of blue are particularly difficult to reproduce.
When do I have to know my guest count?
- We understand that guest counts change in the time leading up to the big day. We require the final guest count to be submitted two weeks before your wedding day.
I’m not sure I want a wedding cake. Do you offer any other desserts?
- Of course! We offer a great variety of cookies, mini cheesecakes and pies, French macarons, and mini desserts for weddings and events. Feel free to ask us if there’s something particular you’re looking for.
- Check out our list of special offerings
Can I change the sizing/design/flavors of my wedding cake after the contract is signed?
- Yes. Your cake can be changed up until 2 weeks before the day of your event. No changes will be allowed after that time.
Will Bittersweet Bakery be present to cut the wedding cake for my charlottesville or lexington wedding?
- Traditionally, no. We deliver your wedding cake and then leave the wedding venue. Bittersweet Bakery can be available to cut your wedding cake for an additional fee.